Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ladybug Lying Down

Here's another piece I made for my final in Texture and Lighting.When I had finish sculping and texturing in ZBrush, I arrange my model by positioning in the top view. I then went to Document in the top of the screen and click on zApplink. Under Z Applink Projection, I click on Drop Now and my project was loaded to Photoshop. I then click ok to finish the process. I searched in Google and I found myself a leaf wallpaper to go with my project. I then open the leaf wallpaper in Photoshop. While I'm in Photoshop, I went back to my ladybug model and use the pen tool aroung the ladybug. I then brought up the selection change and inverse it to delete the background. I then place the ladybug onto the leaf wallpaper. I use the pen tool, made a selection change, and apply a dark red color on the sides of the elytra. I then use a brush and use red to paint on the inner parts of the elytra. I switch the brush to a splatter brush, use black as a color of choice, and tone down the opacity to paint around the elytra. I merge the layers to create a complete texture of the ladybug. I then use the free transform and select Distort to make it look like the ladybuy is moving in a 3 dimensional view. Once it's done, I duplicate the ladybug and made a shadow out of it. I placed the shadow layer on bottom of the ladybug layer so it makes it look like the ladybug has a shadow underneath. Just to finish things off, I duplicate both the ladybug and the shadow to have another ladybug in the picture.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment