Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ladybug Lighting

After when I exported the ladybug model back to Maya, I set up a stand for the ladybug to place on top of using a cylinder.


I then duplicate the stand and scale it for a larger size. I then use a sphere by scaling it larger, and delete the half to create a dome.


From the inside of the dome, I had place a series of cameras to shoot for the ladybug. I use two directional lights in the front and back of the ladybug, and place in two ambient lights on the bottom of the ladybug and stand. I even made adjustments in the Relationship Editor to see how I want each camera to shot the ladybug.


I was using the Render View along with the Attribute Editor to make the adjustments with the lights. The scene is sort takes place in a sunny day where the ladybug is sitting on a grassy area like on a leaf. I then went to Render Settings and made these settings:

Common

File Output:

Image Format: JPEG (jpg)

Frame/Animationext: name.ext(Single Framed)

Renderable Cameras

Renderable camera: persp

Image Size:

Presets: 2K Square

Maya Software

Anti-aliasing Quality:

Quality: Production Quality

Edge anti-aliasing: High Quality

I then render the scene and save it as a jpeg. By the time I had finish rendering, I ran in to some issues with the scene I took from the ladybug. It turns out that it's a little beat up, altough it doesn't look too bad. So I open the jpeg in Photoshop and make these adjustments. I had use the smuge, clone tool, and a little of paint to fix the problem. It's starting to look a little better, but that's the least I could do. And here's how it turns out:
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment