Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Human Genom Mouse (In Progress)

For this project, I'm making a human genom mouse in Zbrush for my Portfolio class. Much like my black widow spider (not post it yet), I'm using zspheres again to model the mouse and ear. Both of the models will be separate it into subtools. The idea for this project is having the ear being place on top of the mouse's body.


For the start of the project, I started off building and shaping up the mouse's body. 


After I even out the mouse's body, I then began working on the mouse's head.



Now that the head and body are now shape up to match the body of a mouse, I then began to work on the mouse's legs. Based on the references I saw, the front legs are smaller, and the feet are shorter, while the back legs are bigger, and the feet are longer. The difference is that the feet on the front has four toes, and its arch is laying flat on the ground, while the feet on the back has five toes, and its arch is being raised upward.


After long hours spending time shapeing up and positioning the mouse's legs and feet, I then start to bring out the tail from the back of the mouse. The style that I want to give for the mouse's tail, it's more of a curved shape to make the model look even more interesting.



One of the toughest challenges that I had with this project was to try to make the mouse's ears out of zspheres. I felt that making them using zspheres makes them look more rounded than the shape that I'm looking for. It may not look like the shape of the mouse's ear, but at least I try to make them look as close as I could. 


 The final piece of the actual mouse object was to add the eyes on each side of the mouse's head. These were made out of zspheres.






Here's the overview look on the actual mouse model using zspheres. 





The next phase of the process of the human genom mouse project to create a human ear. Much like the ears of the mouse, this was also used with zspheres since it's one of the toughest challenges for me to shape up and build the ear in how I want it to look. Again, not exactly like the shape of the human ear, but it's getting close to looking like one. And like the entire mouse body, and eyes, this was also done as a separate piece.
this brings up the total number of four subtools.


Now that the process of building both the mouse and ear out of zspheres, it was now time for me to make them into polymesh 3d. I then divided the highest subdivison as possible for me to scuplt my of my models. 



  The first thing I scuplt for this project was the mouse's ear. Much like the issue I had working on them out of zspheres, I had to try to shape up the mouse's ear to stay close as the reference. 

Tools used to scuplt ears:

Brushes
  • Standard
  • Smooth
  • Flatten
  • hPolish
Other
  • Transpose


 I then scuplt the shape of the mouse's nose using a standard brush tool.


I then scuplt out the nails on the mouse's feet.



Scuplting the human ear was also a challenge for me much like what happen when I was trying to shape using zspheres.

Tools used to scuplt ear:

Brushes
  • Standard
  • Smooth
  • Flatten
  • hPolish
Other
  • Transpose



After spending time scuplting the mouse's ears, nose, feet, and human ear, it was now time for me to apply texture to both of my models. The material I used to apply both models was BasicMaterial. I was trying to use a material that could shine the mouse's eyes, but it keeps shining on to the entire model instead of the selected object. I want it to go with a grey color that isn't too light nor dark for the mouse's fur. I apply sort of a white color on the bottom of the mouse's body. For the feet I gave it a little more of a dark color along for the nose.The inside of the mouse's ears were painted with a dark color between gray and pink. The eyes are painted black along with the mouth area that's painted with a lighter pink color. The last object to be painted was the human ear that was color using between a light and dark pink. 




I created an alpha brush in Photoshop to give a fur texture on my mouse model.


 The same goes for the human ear that I created a skin alpha brush in Photoshop to apply to.

No comments:

Post a Comment